📢 Important announcement: Please go here for more information.

Master League [Discussion]

Mike
Founder
Founder
Supports: The Arsenal

Master League [Discussion]

Post by Mike » 7 years ago

Use this thread to talk about your Master League campaign.

✅ 🐦 💟

kennymunro
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Master League [Discussion]

Post by kennymunro » 7 years ago

What sides are everyone else planning on using? I usually have the English premiership and championship as my two divisions but i don't support any English side. Last season i used Leeds utd. I'm undecided for this year. Tossing up between maybe Nottingham Forest or resurrecting the Melchester rovers.

DanWally
Regular
Regular
Supports: Leeds United

Post by DanWally » 7 years ago

It's gotta be Leeds! Great shout kenny, this will be the 1st masterleague I will have the OF to use with all the kits so in the words of Jamie Redknapp I litterley can't wait to get started!
Xbox360 GT - darkane14

kennymunro
Amateur
Amateur

Post by kennymunro » 7 years ago

DanWally wrote:It's gotta be Leeds! Great shout kenny, this will be the 1st masterleague I will have the OF to use with all the kits so in the words of Jamie Redknapp I litterley can't wait to get started!
yeah it makes a big difference having the correct kits. I've spent the last 4 weeks updating my English, SPL and Irn bru sides. Can't wait to get started. I see Robert Snodgrass is in the game this time, bet he's not as good as the one i created last year :)

nick7
Regular
Regular
Supports: Queen of the South

Post by nick7 » 7 years ago

i will be using either AC Milan, Manchester United or OPE FC

that will be to start it off. see how good it is first

Xbox Live Gamertag: buyyelephant PS4: wasthtabanana

DanWally
Regular
Regular

What ever happens snodgrass will be better than messi!
Xbox360 GT - darkane14

djwavfc
Super Sub
Super Sub

Post by djwavfc » 7 years ago

As always I will start with my team Villa, because it's nice to take your team to the top especially when in real life that doesn't look like happening for a long time. :( And then I eventually start another ML, usually with a championship team.

CACR25
Amateur
Amateur

Post by CACR25 » 7 years ago

Already started with a created D2 League team I edited... lol

It's much fun tbh. No complains so far except that we don't have a scouting system in ML.... but the youth academy gets fresh recruits every time the transfer opens so I guess that should be ok.

supafly03
Amateur
Amateur

Post by supafly03 » 7 years ago

I'm going to roll with Napoli.
Really like their team and the way they play.

DeDCrispix
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by DeDCrispix » 7 years ago

Let me start by saying that I am new to PES (well, my last WE game was 7...)

Anyways, I'm trying to dive into the Master League and I have a few questions:

1) How do I best utilize the training? I don't really know how it works. I'll leave it at a certain spot (say, physical) and it still seems like the progression is random. Also, I feel like I'm losing more points than I'm gaining overall.

2) The team I started with (Barcelona...*ducks*) :P is full of a bunch of weaklings (no one above a 65 rating) so it is quite difficult to win many matches...But I have picked the best from my youth league. Any tips there?

3) Finally, is upgrading my staff (coach, trainer, scout, doctor) a priority? Or should I focus on spending my money on quality players?

Thank you all! I just discovered this board and I'm glad to be back in the PES world (my last football game was FIFA...09!) (clap)

Mike
Founder
Founder

1. Pick the one that you find most important. That's all I can say.

2. Invest in your Youth Team and you'll be rewarded. The more you invest, the better players will come through your academy system.

3. It's up to you. It's all down to personal opinion. If you want my view, I find it more satisfying nurturing your own youth talent.

Thanks for signing up, by the way. ;)
✅ 🐦 💟

DeDCrispix
Warming Up
Warming Up

Post by DeDCrispix » 7 years ago

onlyproevo wrote:1. Pick the one that you find most important. That's all I can say.

2. Invest in your Youth Team and you'll be rewarded. The more you invest, the better players will come through your academy system.

3. It's up to you. It's all down to personal opinion. If you want my view, I find it more satisfying nurturing your own youth talent.

Thanks for signing up, by the way. ;)
Thanks for the tips. (y)

One question though: (last one, promise) is it normal for my teams stats do not improve very much through training? Just seems like I'm going backwards.

Mike
Founder
Founder

I haven't played enough ML to give a fair comment. I can only take your word for it, although I'm sure players will improve overall - despite a decline in a few stats.

I hope you're wrong, mate! :oops:
✅ 🐦 💟

DanWally
Regular
Regular

For those that have the game have you enjoyed the master league thus far? Does it follow the same format as previous titles?

As for he youth team, I often found even with spending top dollar on my youthteam it would always churn out a load of rubbish players, I took the time to scout the younger players on the game and bring those in and work with them. So I say save your cash and invest in a few decent young prospects
Xbox360 GT - darkane14

Mike
Founder
Founder

I'm playing a lot of Master League lately, and I have to say that I'm really, really enjoying it so far.

This year, you can really connect with your players. Regularly, your coach tells you "Player X wants to talk to you" and you have to give a response and take action accordingly.

The improvements made to the AI have made it much more enjoyable too. It's much more challenging this year, and you're punished when you switch off. It's great!
✅ 🐦 💟